Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 resolutions


I registered for an Olympic Triathlon this June. I've never done a triathlon before and this is way out of my comfort zone. I intend to stick to a training schedule and avoid injury and just enjoy the thing, but what if I'm being crazy? I've never done a sprint triathlon, but here's the thing, I don't love paying for races when I can just as well do it on my own. I'm never in it for the competition, just for the personal accomplishment. So in my mind, a marathon, that's worth the cost. You need the port-a-potties, the drink stations, and the support. A half marathon, no. Just make up your own and get your family to give you some gatoraid half way. A sprint triathlon sounded like one of those things I could just do on my own and wouldn't need to pay $70 to try. An Olympic tri though, that sounded like I might need a little support. The distances:Swim 1640.42 yards   Bike 25 miles   Run 6.21 miles So the whole transition thing is new to me, but I can learn right? I'm a little concerned about all the equipment stuff, wet suit, getting my bike to the right place etc. But I'll figure it out right? All you other triathloners, I could use a word of encouragement and advice. (But just don't tell me I'm nuts to start with an olympic, it's too late, I already paid.)
6 months to train.

These are my other goals for 2013
January- Lose weight: take a quick photo of everything I eat. Eat more veggies, less sugar.
February- study Book of Mormon and write down something from my study daily + triathlon training schedule
March- Meatless March, cook 4 dinners/week and try making an Indian dish + triathlon training schedule
April- 3 trips to drop off at D.I.(get rid of clutter!!!) + triathlon training schedule
May-triathlon training schedule
June- Triathlon training schedule, do the triathlon! 
July-Attend the temple 5 times, 
August- Marsh century ride
September- Give away something significant
October- Reorganize one room.
November- 10 minutes in daily prayer
December- Plan ahead and celebrate our anniversary (I know, pathetic that this has to be a goal, but it does.)

On New Year's day, we talked about goals as a family, here are some things we decided.

Ryann's Goals
Ryann will learn to jump higher.
Ryann will learn all the songs for the primary program.

Lucy's Goals
Lucy will do a flip on the trampoline and she will also learn not to say potty words.
Lucy will learn all the songs for the primary program

Daddy will learn to sew and he will bike a century. 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it. Love it. :) I can't wait to hear more about these as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are ambitious! Best of luck with your Triathlon training!! You can do it! And I love that you made a goal for each month. Such a good idea. I might just borrow it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Marshes! You are AWESOME, Katy!

    ReplyDelete